Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mat Thorp "Cokinos"

Because "exclusive" is not in my family vocabulary please welcome my neighbor, Mat Thorp into the fold of this blog. Although Matt is not from here, he has spent enough time here to have plenty of street cred since his arrival after serving in World War Two. Here is Mat's "inclusion":





"To make sure that I get included in your, obviously exclusive blog; here are my Greek bonafides: The second photo from the right margin on the top line is Lynn`s mother, Lynn, with Nick Gaston owner of the Old New Orleans night club on 18th Street at Connecticut Ave. This was taken by the Old New Orleans cigarette/photographer girl. On Lynn`s and my first date in 1949, she asked me to meet her at Nick`s house on the Virginia side of Key Bridge where he had Sunday poolside parties. Nick`s main business was brokering restaurant deals. When Lynn and I were married the second time, Nick had the wedding group to the Old New Orleans before opening time."

Thanks for the memories, Mat!

1 comment:

  1. Re: Nick Gaston

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/obituaries/tommy-jacomo-executive-director-of-dc-power-lunch-institution-the-palm-dies-at-75/2020/03/07/ab9714da-60c7-11ea-b014-4fafa866bb81_story.html

    See Comments section

    ReplyDelete